|Wed Mar 12 @10:00AM - 11:30AM|
"Data + Stories = Impact" Workshop- Detroit
|Thu Mar 13 @10:00AM - 11:30AM|
"Data + Stories = Impact" Workshop- Midland
|Fri Mar 14 @ 9:30AM - 11:00AM|
"Data + Stories = Impact" Workshop- Traverse City
|Tue Mar 18 @ 8:30AM - 12:00PM|
ArtServe Michigan at the MML Capital Conference
|Mon Mar 24 @ 8:00AM - 11:00AM|
Arts Advocacy Day
|Mon Mar 24 @ 6:00PM - 08:00PM|
Knight Arts Challenge Town Hall Meeting- Hamtramck
|Mon Mar 24 @ 6:30PM - 10:00PM|
Americans for the Arts' 27th Annual Nancy Hanks Lecture on Arts and Public Policy
|Tue Mar 25 @ 8:00AM - 11:00AM|
Arts Advocacy Day
|Tue Mar 25 @ 6:00PM - 08:00PM|
Knight Arts Challenge Town Hall Meeting- Southwest
|Wed Mar 26 @ 6:00PM - 08:00PM|
Knight Arts Challenge Town Hall Meeting- Midtown
Morning of January 24 in Washington D.C. during the United States Conference of Mayors. Photo Credit: Sara Wurfel, Press Secretary for Governor Rick Snyder This Award is presented by the Americans for the Arts, and given in recognition of elected officials who advance the arts and arts education within their communities and whose vision and leader…
ArtServe Michigan Announces Katherine Peden as Director of Services for Lawyers for the Creative Economy
ArtServe Michigan, the state’s leading statewide nonprofit arts and cultural advocacy organization, has announced Katherine Peden as the new Director of LCE Services for the organization’s Lawyers for the Creative Economy (LCE) program. LCE is designed to deliver free to low-fee intellectual property and creativity-related legalresou
A potential breakthrough deal could keep the bankrupt city's art collection off the auction block In a bankrupt city of well-documented woes like blighted houses, broken streetlights and persistent crime, few issues have galvanized residents like the possibility that the Detroit Institute of Arts could be stripped of its treasures. Th…
Monday, September 30, 2013 8:30am- 10:00am (EDT) Everett High School, Small Auditoriumar
Produced in collaboration with the John Lennon Educational Tour Bus, the live forums kicks off the 2013-14 school year with a celebration of music education leaders in Lansing working to assure that music and the
From Left to Right: Robert Lynch, President and CEO Americans for the Arts; Jane Alexander, actress advocate for the arts and nature and former Chairman of the NEA, me, and John Bryan, President CultureWorks in Richmond VAP…
Wednesday, July 24th 9:30–10:15amAs part of the Keynote Panel called Cities are more than
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE July 16, 2013FLINT, Mich. – Recognizing the value of arts and cultural resources in creating vibrant and attractive communities, the Charles Stewart Mott Foundation today announced a package of grants totaling $3.7 million for the institutions of the Flint Cultural Center. The one-year, general operating grants are: …
Grand Rapids Business Journal July 5, 2013 | By Charlsie Dewey | Who should be responsible for teaching arts education to kids and young people? Historically, it’s been the responsibility of schools, but as public schools struggle with tightening budgets and standardized test scores, arts education has taken a beating. Some schools have …
WIXOM, Mich. – ArtServe Michigan’s Creative Impact Michigan E-magazine earned Gold recognition by the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals (AMCP) in the 2013 Hermes Creative Awards competition for its inventive efforts with publishing partner Tanner Friedman Strategic Communications. The statewide e-magazine…
WIXOM, Mich. – ArtServe Michigan earned a 2013 Silver Creative Award in the Summit International Awards (SIA) competition for its collaborative efforts with Tanner Friedman Strategic Communications in developing “Reinvesting in the Arts – Michigan,” a cause-related PR program. The program demonstrated how arts and cul…
April 12, 2013 Business Next with Michael Rogers Jennifer Goulet, President and CEO of ArtServe Michigan speaks with Michael Rogers about ArtServe’s role in the community, and providing an extended explanation of the Creative State Impact Report. Part 2: The Role of Arts in Communities, Jobs, Universities, ArtServe Michigan Creat…
- Arts Education Still Vital to a Child's Development
- New Creative State Michigan Report Featured in the Press
- ArtServe President and CEO Jennifer Goulet Elected to Americans for the Arts’ Private Sector Council
- WGVU Radio interview with Joe Voss on the Lawyers for a Creative Economy
- ArtServe Michigan Presenting the findings of the 2012 Michigan Art Education Census
- ArtServe Michigan receives Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs Grant
- Comcast Newsmakers: Conversation with Jennifer Goulet
- Design Futures Panel Discussion This Saturday at the Detroit Design Festival
- ArtServe Michigan featured in Hyperallergic
- "Buy Local, Collect Local" Community Supported Art - PURCHASE YOUR SHARE TODAY!
- Cities are Banking on the Arts
- Commentary: Arts funding will improve state
- Securing Our Future: Investment in the Arts Not a Handout
- AnnArbor.com: Creative Types Needed for New Type of CSA: Community Supported Art"
- Huffington Post: "Detroit Art, Culture Organizations Have Large Economic Impact"
- Michigan Public Radio: 'Report Shows Michigan's Arts and Culture Sector Generates $462M in Economic Activity'
- Crain's Detroit Business: 'Report: Looking at Big Picture, Arts and Culture Create Economic Work of Art'
- MLive: "Michigan arts and culture generates more than $462 million in economic activity in 2009"
- Detroit Free Press: "Arts Sector A Growing Part of Michigan's Economy"
- ArtServe Michigan Selected as Finalist in ArtPlace
- Creative State! New Data Demonstrate Impact of Arts and Culture
- Statewide e-Magazine & Events at CreativeImpactMichigan.com
- Michigan Cultural Data Project: Is Your Organization Up To Date?
- ArtServe Michigan's 2011 Accomplishments
- Donate to ArtServe Today - Sustain the Arts and Creativity in MI!