|Tue Apr 22 @ 2:00PM - 05:00PM|
Creative Many: Protecting Your Practice
|Tue Apr 22 @ 5:30PM - 07:30PM|
LCE Code GR: Interaction x Experience: New Design Paradigms + the Law
|Tue Apr 29 @10:15AM - 11:45AM|
ArtServe Michigan at Building MI Communities Conference
|Wed Apr 30 @ 6:00PM - 08:00PM|
LCE Code Detroit: Creative State + Incubating the Creative Industries
TRIY — ArtServe Michigan, the state’s leading statewide nonprofit arts and cultural advocacy organization, has named Ara Topouzian, president and CEO of the Troy Chamber of Commerce, to its board of directors. As a strategic leader experienced in both private and public industry sectors, Topouzian is accomplished in the field of econom…
ARTS ArtServe Michigan announced the election of new members to its board of directors: Joseph Voss, Clark Hill, Matthew Bower, Varnum LLP; and Ara Topouzian, Troy Chamber of Commerce. Source: http://www.grbj.com/articles/
79352-change-ups-grcc-salutes- four-women …
By Terry Oparka C & G Staff Writer Ara Topouzian, president and CEO of the Troy Chamber of Commerce, has a keen sense of what drives economic development. “Economic development consists of a lot of different areas,” he said. “We need to pay attention to the arts and cultural community. It’s a growing sector. We have some of the mos…
Bower appointed to ArtServe boardArtServe Michigan, a statewide nonprofit arts and cultural advocacy organization, elected Matthew Bower, attorney at Varnum LLP law firm in Novi, to the board of directors. Bower specializes in copyright law, publishing, licensing, entertainment, trademark, Internet law, right of publicity and other areas of in…
And then there’s cultural tourism. Jennifer Goulet is president and CEO of ArtServe Michigan, the statewide organization that acts on behalf of most of the state’s nonprofit arts and cultural organizations. “The arts are a tremendous contributor to cultural tourism,” Goulet says. “Our recently released Creative State Michigan report h…
From the Detroit Free Press: The first annual Freep Festival runs Thursday, March 20 through Sunday, March 23. The festival highlights eleven films and multiple shorts at the Fillmore Detroit and the Detroit Film Theatre at the DIA. To read the article: http://on.freep.com/1euAMBT …
Comics Collective is Bringing Uplifting Batman Documentary “Legends of the Knight”, Proceeds go to ArtServe Michigan and MCC
April 14, 2014 at 7:30pm, Goodrich Saginaw 12 Join us for this special one-time screening of a film that explores the power all of us have to be heroes! The Michigan Comics Collective will be hosting a one-time screening of the documentary “Legends of the Knight” at Goodrich Saginaw 12 on May 14, 2014 at 7:30pm. “Legen…
Featured in Bridge Michigan and MLive.com by Jennifer Goulet and Mark Murray Michigan businesses depend on creativity and innovation. Michigan residents depend on vibrant business growth to fuel opportunities for work and higher income. Without creativity and innovation, the state will stagnate. Was Henry Ford an artist? Did he use the p…
Morning of January 24 in Washington D.C. during the United States Conference of Mayors. Photo Credit: Sara Wurfel, Press Secretary for Governor Rick Snyder This Award is presented by the Americans for the Arts, and given in recognition of elected officials who advance the arts and arts education within their communities and whose vision and leader…
- ArtServe Michigan Announces Katherine Peden as Director of Services for Lawyers for the Creative Economy
- The Fight to Save Detroit’s Art Museum
- Upcoming LIVE WEBCAST: SupportMusic Community Forum Lansing, Michigan
- Collaborating Across Business, Arts, Government and Nonprofits for Enduring Community Vibrancy
- Supporting Cultural Assets in Flint is Focus of $3.7 Million in Mott Foundation Grants
- Who Should Be Responsible for Arts Education? Area Organizations Pick Up Some of the Slack.
- ArtServe Michigan’s Creative Impact Michigan E-Magazine Receives Gold Recognition
- ArtServe Michigan's “Reinvesting In The Arts – Michigan” Wins 2013 Summit Creative Award
- Jennifer Goulet on Michigan Business Network
- Midtown Abuzz with Art X Detroit Opening Night
- Arts Education Still Vital to a Child's Development
- New Creative State Michigan Report Featured in the Press
- ArtServe President and CEO Jennifer Goulet Elected to Americans for the Arts’ Private Sector Council
- WGVU Radio interview with Joe Voss on the Lawyers for a Creative Economy
- ArtServe Michigan Presenting the findings of the 2012 Michigan Art Education Census
- ArtServe Michigan receives Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs Grant
- Comcast Newsmakers: Conversation with Jennifer Goulet
- Design Futures Panel Discussion This Saturday at the Detroit Design Festival
- ArtServe Michigan featured in Hyperallergic
- "Buy Local, Collect Local" Community Supported Art - PURCHASE YOUR SHARE TODAY!
- Cities are Banking on the Arts
- Commentary: Arts funding will improve state
- Securing Our Future: Investment in the Arts Not a Handout
- AnnArbor.com: Creative Types Needed for New Type of CSA: Community Supported Art"
- Huffington Post: "Detroit Art, Culture Organizations Have Large Economic Impact"
- Michigan Public Radio: 'Report Shows Michigan's Arts and Culture Sector Generates $462M in Economic Activity'
- Crain's Detroit Business: 'Report: Looking at Big Picture, Arts and Culture Create Economic Work of Art'
- MLive: "Michigan arts and culture generates more than $462 million in economic activity in 2009"
- Detroit Free Press: "Arts Sector A Growing Part of Michigan's Economy"
- ArtServe Michigan Selected as Finalist in ArtPlace
- Creative State! New Data Demonstrate Impact of Arts and Culture
- Statewide e-Magazine & Events at CreativeImpactMichigan.com
- Michigan Cultural Data Project: Is Your Organization Up To Date?
- ArtServe Michigan's 2011 Accomplishments
- Donate to ArtServe Today - Sustain the Arts and Creativity in MI!