Creative Capital workshop leader Aaron Landsman taking questions about artist-community engagement at the workshop in Ann Arbor. July 17, 2014 Maura Guyote This week, more than 40 artists participate in two Professional Development Program (PDP)workshops in Ann Arbor and Detroit, MI, hosted by ArtServe Michigan. The first worksho…
June 23, 2014 All of Americans for the Arts’ Network Councils advise staff on programs and services that will build a deeper connection to the field and the network membership. Elected annually by our membership, council members are national leaders who give back to the field by connecting the national work of Americans for the Arts to our memb…
TROY — ArtServe Michigan, the state’s leading statewide nonprofit arts and cultural advocacy organization, has named Ara Topouzian, president and CEO of the Troy Chamber of Commerce, to its board of directors. As a strategic leader experienced in both private and public industry sectors, Topouzian is accomplished in the field of economic dev…
StereoNegative (A Tribute to Tony Smith), Tsz Yan Ng with Helena Kang & Justin Kollar Photo: Sarah Nesbitt, ArtServe Michigan from Grand Rapids Business Journal: June 6, 2014 By Lou Glazer Upjohn Institute economist George Erickcek said in a recent interview, “If you ask me, ‘Do you think a designer is more important than an …
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. – Varnum Attorney Matthew Bower has been appointed to the board of ArtServe Michigan. Bower is a business and corporate attorney with a focus on general business, contracts, transactions and employment and private equity. He has represented a wide variety of clients in the creative industries, including publishe…
May 30, 2014 Varnum Attorney Matthew Bower has been appointed to the board of ArtServe Michigan. Bower is a business and corporate attorney with a focus on general business, contracts, transactions, and employment and private equity. He has represented a wide variety of clients in the creative industries, including publishers, author…
The Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals (AMCP) has awarded Tanner Friedman Strategic Communications six national 2014 Hermes Creative Awards for its successful communications campaigns. The team earned three platinum awards and three gold awards across multiple categories. The Hermes Creative Awards recognizes …
Title: 'Doolittle, Track 7' Year: 2014 Credit: rootoftwo + Dr. Parag Patil Dimensions: 8" x 8" x 6" Materials: 3D printed ABS plastic sculpture Event: May 22, 2014 5pm Preview 6pm Dinner 8pm-11pm Party and Auction An Evening of Art & Science: Gala and Auction to Showcase New Works of Art Inspired by Eminent Medical Res…
Comics Collective is Bringing Uplifting Batman Documentary “Legends of the Knight”, Proceeds go to ArtServe Michigan and MCC
May 14, 2014 at 7:30pm, Goodrich Saginaw 12 Join us for this special one-time screening of a film that explores the power all of us have to be heroes! The Michigan Comics Collective will be hosting a one-time screening of the documentary “Legends of the Knight” at Goodrich Saginaw 12 on May 14, 2014 at 7:30pm. “Legends…
Free Comic Book Day Features Special Giveaway at Coy's in Saginaw Township and Other Comic Book Stores
By Cynthia Price Joe Voss, senior counsel at Clark Hill and practice leader for the firm’s Entertainment Industry Team, covers a lot of bases in the arts and creative fields. His recent appointment to the board of ArtServe Michigan is just the latest in a series of arts and entertainment involvements that smooth the way for individual a…
- dBusiness: ArtServe Elects Troy Chamber’s President to Board
- Grand Rapids Business Journal: Change Ups
- Chamber CEO Fuses Arts with Business to Spur Growth
- Novi Newsmakers: Bower appointed to ArtServe board
- Corp! Magazine Tourists and Meetings Flock to Michigan
- Freep Film Festival buzz on Twitter, Facebook and more
- 'Art in the Life of a City' Panel Hosts Discussion About Art's Role in Flint
- Flint Institute of Arts to Host Panel Discussion About Community Value of Arts
- There's Economic Power in Michigan's Creative Industries
- Governor Rick Snyder is awarded the 2014 Public Leadership in the Arts for State Arts Leadership
- ArtServe Michigan Announces Katherine Peden as Director of Services for Lawyers for the Creative Economy
- The Fight to Save Detroit’s Art Museum
- Upcoming LIVE WEBCAST: SupportMusic Community Forum Lansing, Michigan
- Collaborating Across Business, Arts, Government and Nonprofits for Enduring Community Vibrancy
- Supporting Cultural Assets in Flint is Focus of $3.7 Million in Mott Foundation Grants
- Who Should Be Responsible for Arts Education? Area Organizations Pick Up Some of the Slack.
- ArtServe Michigan’s Creative Impact Michigan E-Magazine Receives Gold Recognition
- ArtServe Michigan's “Reinvesting In The Arts – Michigan” Wins 2013 Summit Creative Award
- Jennifer Goulet on Michigan Business Network
- Midtown Abuzz with Art X Detroit Opening Night
- Arts Education Still Vital to a Child's Development
- New Creative State Michigan Report Featured in the Press
- ArtServe President and CEO Jennifer Goulet Elected to Americans for the Arts’ Private Sector Council
- WGVU Radio interview with Joe Voss on the Lawyers for a Creative Economy
- ArtServe Michigan Presenting the findings of the 2012 Michigan Art Education Census
- ArtServe Michigan receives Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs Grant
- Comcast Newsmakers: Conversation with Jennifer Goulet
- Design Futures Panel Discussion This Saturday at the Detroit Design Festival
- ArtServe Michigan featured in Hyperallergic
- "Buy Local, Collect Local" Community Supported Art - PURCHASE YOUR SHARE TODAY!
- Cities are Banking on the Arts
- Commentary: Arts funding will improve state
- Securing Our Future: Investment in the Arts Not a Handout
- AnnArbor.com: Creative Types Needed for New Type of CSA: Community Supported Art"
- Huffington Post: "Detroit Art, Culture Organizations Have Large Economic Impact"
- Michigan Public Radio: 'Report Shows Michigan's Arts and Culture Sector Generates $462M in Economic Activity'
- Crain's Detroit Business: 'Report: Looking at Big Picture, Arts and Culture Create Economic Work of Art'
- MLive: "Michigan arts and culture generates more than $462 million in economic activity in 2009"
- Detroit Free Press: "Arts Sector A Growing Part of Michigan's Economy"
- ArtServe Michigan Selected as Finalist in ArtPlace
- Creative State! New Data Demonstrate Impact of Arts and Culture
- Statewide e-Magazine & Events at CreativeImpactMichigan.com
- Michigan Cultural Data Project: Is Your Organization Up To Date?
- ArtServe Michigan's 2011 Accomplishments
- Donate to ArtServe Today - Sustain the Arts and Creativity in MI!